Alloa Elim Church has 3 core values;
The Elim Pentecostal Church was founded in 1915 by a Welshman in Monaghan Ireland. George Jeffreys was an outstanding evangelist and church planter. He had a Welsh Congregational background, was strongly influenced by the Welsh Revival of 1904, and was introduced to Pentecost by an Anglican vicar, Rev Alexander Boddy of Sunderland.
Between 1915 and 1934, George Jeffreys conducted some tremendous evangelistic missions. This unknown preacher would commence a mission with a mere handful of people, and by the end of the week, thousands would clamour for a seat. Amazing miracles of healing had taken place. After the missions, very large churches were established.
The name ‘Elim’ is taken from the book of Exodus where the Israelites, exhausted and dispirited en route from Egypt’s cruel bondage to the freedom of Canaan, came to Elim, an oasis in the desert, where there were twelve wells of water and seventy palm trees (Exodus 15:27).
As the Movement grew with amazing rapidity against the background of dramatic decline in the historic churches, it proved to be a fitting symbol of spiritual refreshing.
Elim continued to grow despite the ravages of World War II and other difficulties and soon established itself as a significant in the evangelisation of the United Kingdom. Today, there are over 600 churches in the UK and nearly 9,000 world-wide.
We are also on facebook